Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Top 10 for Summer


I'm linking up with THE Deanna Jump with the 10 things I want to do this summer. I've been out of school for just over a week now, but spent Tuesday-Friday of last week cleaning, organizing, and getting some things ready for next year. I got done around 12:15 Friday and I feel so much better knowing there are quite a few things that I won't have to do when I go back in August and I can enjoy my summer a little bit more. So without anymore blabbering, here are my top 10 (not in any particular order).

10-Read! I already went to the library and got my first five books of the summer.  There are a few that have been on my list for awhile, but apparently they are other people's lists because they were already checked out. Major disadvantage of being a cheapskate, not buying the books, and just checking them out from the library. Which reminds me that I need to go reserve a couple. Oh my goodness, listen to me rambling on. One book I did get that I've been wanting to read for awhile is Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I read Gone Girl last summer and LOVED it.  I'm super excited to see the movie {and Ben Affleck} next year when it comes out.  


One book I really am looking forward to reading is The Fault in Our Stars.  I'm big on reading the book before I see the movie, so that I can create my own movie and perceptions in my head. But that movie comes out at the end of the week and it looks like I'd have to buy that one to get it read before I watch the movie this weekend.


9-Get my tan on! I've actually got a pretty good start on this one already. Winter does not do me well. I get super white and ghostly and my self-confidence goes down. Silly to say, I know, but true.  I just feel "better" about myself when I'm a little more tan.  My in-laws have a pool, so we'll be spending quite a few days lounging in their pool.

8-Plan and celebrate a Bubble Guppy birthday party for my sweet girl.  She's turning 3 people! 3!!!! How this happened so quickly, I have no idea. I honestly don't know where time has gone. She is such an amazing little girl and I am more in awe of her every day.


7-Spend some quality time with this cutie! I mean...come one...how can you not want to spend as much time as possible with that face! We will be making weekly visits to JumpIt, the local gym open gym times, swimming pool, and I'll be taking her to the Indy Zoo for the first time.


6-Get some creations on my to do list done and added to TPT.  I've got so many ideas and things I'd like to make I get so scatter brained and start on one thing, then change to another, then to another, then back to one I started a month ago. It's a real problem.  I need to just stay focused and get them completed one at a time.

5-Get the landscaping and rock laid around my house and finish our entryway.  We moved into a "new" house at the end of the December, literally right before snowpocalypse hit.  The upstairs has been completely gutted and redone. The basement was unfinished, which we preferred, but it's coming along slowly. We've decided to take a break from inside projects to get some outside projects done this summer. Unfortunately for us, money doesn't grow on trees and things add up quickly so our progress on all things house related is going much slower than they were this winter.  That's a tough pill to swallow when you've got a must-have-it-done-now kinda husband.

4-I would love to go somewhere with the hubs for our 5th anniversary.  Our anniversary is on June 20th.  We're not going on an actual vacation this summer because we both agreed we would rather put the money towards the basement, but I wouldn't mind getting away for even just a day. New Buffalo, MI has a beautiful beach that's only a couple hours from us.  If I'm going to vacation there must be a beach nearby and that's pretty much the closest beach we've got around here.  I've only been once and he's never been. Staying in a little bed and breakfast up there and lounging on the beach sounds pretty ideal to me. We shall see.


3-Get into a workout routine and try to lose about 30 pounds.  I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy and while that sweet girl is worth every pound, I've kept about 20 lbs.  I've never had to lose weight. I was active playing basketball and volleyball my whole life so I never had use for a scale.  I'm not saying I've worked hard at it because I would be lying, but I definitely am more self conscious and not as confident in my body.  Because of sports and the insane amount of miles I ran, I hate running.  My plan is to bike about 4-8 miles on our country roads around our house every morning with Kayleigh.  We also have the Insanity program. I would like to give that a try. Wish me luck!


2-Renew my subscription to Netflix and find some new addictions.  I'm such a sucker for crappy, drama-filled reality TV.  I'm not sure which TV series are offered on Netflix now, but I would love to watch the Lost series if it is.

1-Most importantly, RELAX!! I had to move rooms last summer and spent every Tuesday and Thursday in my classroom.  It was necessary, but I'm not ready to do that again so I'm not going back until August. At least that's my plan. I didn't really feel like I had much of a summer, so I'm enjoying this one. I'm not feeling guilty if I don't get one thing accomplished one day.

Whether I get all of these accomplished or not is to be determined, but I'm hoping so.  I hope you get your top ten accomplished also!


0 comments:

Post a Comment