Monday, June 2, 2014

First Shot at Monday Made It

Today I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for her weekly Monday Made It link.


Like many of us, I love DIY. I'm not promising that I'm good at some of my DIY but I do feel like I'm getting better. With the help of the hubs, I've actually done quite a few DIY projects since we moved into our house 6 months ago.  He sure is a handy guy to have around.


Our laundry room is in our unfinished basement. We've almost gotten the laundry room done, but we are waiting to install the dropped ceiling and some work on the stairs before I am free to start decorating. I had bought these letters over winter break shortly after we moved in, but just recently got to them. I needed some time to figure out what colors/patterns/etc. that I wanted to do.  Here's what I came up with.  The laundry room is painted a light teal blue. Robin's Egg is the color I think.  The sides of the letters are painted a light teal blue, while the front of the letters are a mix of coral, grey and white.  The picture looks more a pink.  I am IN.LOVE with how they turned out! Now if we can just get the room finished so that I can add them to the room.



I'm sure many of you have seen the art work/masterpieces displays. Even though my daughter is just barely 3, I wanted to have somewhere to hang all of her art and work.  The board in the top picture is what I came up with. I just got a simple board that I think cost about $4, stained it, and hot glued some small clothespins to it. I decided not to paint or stain the clothespins because the natural look goes really well with our kitchen.  I have some lace ribbon that I'm considering adding in the middle of the board between the clothespins, but I just haven't forced myself to do it yet. The shelf is hanging to the right of the Masterpieces board and the calendar is to the right of that. We have a pretty large, open wall that we need to fill.

So that's that-my first Monday Made It. I'm loving all of the ideas that I'm seeing from everyone else! Feeling inspired! Maybe I'll go add that lace ribbon now!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! I'm planning on trying to link up a couple more times this summer! Such a grew idea!

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with your blog design. Best one I've seen in a while. So pretty. I also like your Monday Made it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! You seriously just made my day! I just did get it done. I went with Kassie from Designs by Kassie and she was fantastic to work with and at a reasonable price. I'm so happy you like it as much as I do.

      Delete
  3. Adorable! I love your blog design! So precious!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete