Saturday, March 22, 2014

BOGGLE Math, Get Your BOGGLE Math

I have used BOGGLE Math in my classroom for a couple of years now. I love it. The kids love it. And it's a great, easy way for students to get better practice with addition, subtraction, and their overall number sense.  One of the best ways that kids like to learn is by playing games. They are learning and practicing their math skills without even realizing it.  To me, those are the best!

What's also great about BOGGLE is that it can be played in a variety of ways-whole group, small group, partners, or individually.  This year, I just lined bulletin board numbers up on the back of a bookshelf that faces outward. While I love the way it looks, it's just not realistic for me in my classroom as far as feasibility in changing the numbers out on a frequent basis.  Hence, the poster idea with these packs.  I plan on using it in my room by copying each color page and laminating. Then I'll either just hang up each poster individually every 2 weeks or month, depending on how frequently I want to change the board.  I've also thought about hole punching both corners and hanging the whole pack of posters on small binder rings so that all I have to do is flip the page whenever I need to and they're all right there at my fingertips.  The verdict is still out on that one so I'll let you know once I make a decision.

So, I've added a couple of BOGGLE Math options that I've been working on to my TPT store.  I've still got a couple of more "decorative" ideas up my sleeve that I'll be adding to the store once I get them finished. Here's what is new:




That's it for tonight friends!  I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is the last day of my Spring Break and then it's 9 full, straight weeks until SUMMER BREAK!  The countdown will officially begin!


Brandy

0 comments:

Post a Comment