Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekly Spelling Lists for Nat Geo

Hey friends!

Just popping in for a quick update on a new product in my TPT store tonight.  As I said before, this year is our first year of adoption for National Geographic's Reach for Reading program.  I have created a couple of other useful tools if you are using this program also, but tonight's deal focuses strictly on spelling.

Hot off the press you can get a packet of spelling lists for all 32 weeks of the program, based specifically on the spelling skills and vocabulary words for each week.  The first 10 words of the list are skill words for the week and are directly from the teacher's manual.  The second ten words include all of the weekly vocabulary words for each week, and some of the academic social studies vocabulary for each week.

Now you may be wondering why I have a list of 20 spelling words for my firsties?  Do I really give them all 20 words?! And the answer is goodness, NO!  Each of my firsties only gets 10 words. I'll be back more to explain how I do spelling in my classroom tomorrow. I need to take some pictures to help it all make sense for you all. So stay tuned! It's one of my favorite things that I do in my classroom and I can't wait to share with you!

In the meantime, head on over to my TPT store and check out the weekly lists. I'll fill in the blanks for you tomorrow!


P.S. Don't forget to follow me through Google or BlogLovin'! I'm considering a giveaway of any item in my store once I hit 15 followers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment