Sunday, September 1, 2013

BOOKiT! Monthly Tracking

Hi friends!

Just popping in to let you know about a new freebie that I just added to my TPT store.

Hopefully you are all aware of Pizza Hut's BOOKiT! reading incentive program! If not, you definitely need to look into it. It's a great, easy to use program to encourage your students to participate in because they can earn a free personal pizza coupon! Who doesn't love pizza?! And a free pizza at that.

Here's how it works.

The teacher sets  a monthly reading goal for your class. It can be measured really in any way you like-minutes per night, per month, or by books read.  I tell my kids that they have to read for at least four nights a week for 20 minutes in order to meet the goal.  They record the nights they read on a free form from Pizza Hut's BOOKiT! website.  At the end of the month, their parent's have to sign the recording sheet and the kiddo has a week to bring it to school. One I received the form, I fill out a coupon with the child's name and school info. I am sure to announce to the class that so and so completed their monthly BOOKiT! calendar, just as a little moment of pride and reward for the kiddo.

I like to take it a step further and try to motivate my kiddos to participate even more by throwing a pizza party at the end of the year for those kids who reached their goal every month (October-March).  We, of course, enjoy Pizza Hut pizza.  They absolutely LOVE this!

If you've never done this program before, it really is great and low maintenance which I'm sure we all love. It's encouraging the kiddos to read and rewarding them with a world-wide kid favorite-PIZZA!

I'll be laminating my tracking sheet Tuesday morning and hanging up this week!  Hop on over to my TPT store to get your copy!


P.S. Don't forget to follow me through Google or BlogLovin'! I'm considering a giveaway of any item in my store once I hit 15 followers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment